Company and Commercial Law
We are experienced in providing legal advice across a broad array of company and commercial matters including :
- Setting up and registration of business in Company, Sole Trader or Partnership structures
- Commercial Contracts and transactions
- Corporate advisory and strategic structuring
- Sale of business
- Insolvency, receivership, bankruptcy advice
- Shareholder and joint venture agreements
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Competition and consumer advice
- Franchising and licensing
We take a direct approach with our advice work and commercial negotiations. We value accuracy and conciseness in our drafting and efficiency in our matter management and ensure our advice is concise and value for money for our clients.
The Courts are always being asked to unravel and interpret commercial transactions between parties who, when the agreement was drafted, may not have foreseen any risks or ambiguity in the way in which the transaction was to be construed or implemented. Unlike firms and practitioners that only specialise in commercial law, we have an added advantage of working closely with barristers and commercial litigators. This allows us to draw on experience in litigating disputes, and seeing first-hand how the Courts have approached different commercial transactions, to the way in which we approach our corporate and commercial advice and drafting.